Camp-Inspired Messtival Splatters SeriousFun Across the Globe!
This June, SeriousFun Children’s Network (SeriousFun) is making a colorful splash across the world. The global network of camps, founded by actor and philanthropist Paul Newman, announces the launch of their first-ever messy, camp-inspired celebration, SeriousFun Messtival, benefitting and showing support for children with serious illness.
On Saturday, June 25, 2016, SeriousFun and its partners Newman’s Own, Inc.; Niagara Water; Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS); Kindermusik; The Little Gym and Metro New York, along with additional supporters, invite families and millennials to give kids with serious illness the fun they deserve by experiencing their own seriously fun, messy camp day. The inaugural Messtival event, taking place in New York’s iconic Prospect Park in Brooklyn, will feature epic camp-inspired activities like a human tie-dye machine, paint archery and SeriousFun Run. Playing up the messy theme, the organization is encouraging people everywhere to participate in the #SeriousFunMesstival photo and video challenge via social media.
“We are incredibly excited to announce the launch of our seriously fun new campaign. SeriousFun Messtival is our opportunity to share the magical spirit of SeriousFun camps with families and young people, and help children living with serious illness experience the fun they so deserve—even if the fun gets messy,” said Mary Beth Powers, CEO of SeriousFun Children’s Network.
Inaugural SeriousFun Messtival includes:
- SeriousFun Run with a Niagara Water Finish Line
- Runners and walkers will sprint through vibrantly colored obstacles on the mile-long SeriousFun Run through Prospect Park.
- Racers will clean up and cool down at the finish line with hydrating Niagara Water.
- Make Your Own at the Newman’s Own Mess Hall
- Also founded by Paul Newman, Newman’s Own shares a rich heritage with SeriousFun…and will share in the mess!
- Thirsty and hungry attendees will blend Newman’s Own products together into camp-favorite snacks like:
- Bug Juice with Old Fashioned Roadside Virgin Lemonade, Gorilla Grape and Orange Mango Tango Juices;
- Trail Mix with Butter Boom Microwave Popcorn and Salted Pretzel Sticks;
- S’mores Bites with melted Organic Milk Chocolate Bars, Original Newman-O’s cookies and of course, sticky, gooey marshmallows.
- Folks can also get dunked at the Newman’s Own Barbecue Sauce Dunk Tank, where participants will have three chances to dunk their friend or parent in a giant Newman’s Own Barbecue Sauce bottle. Soaked participants will take home a complimentary bottle of Newman’s Own Barbecue Sauce.
- Main Stage Dance Party
- The dance party features boogie-booming tracks from the brand new SeriousFun album created by the leading childhood music and movement program, Kindermusik. The soundtrack will be available for purchase in June 2016 on www.kindermusik.com. Kindermusik will donate 100% of proceeds to SeriousFun.
- Epic Camp Activities Featuring Hasbro Toys and Games
- Our longtime supporter, Hasbro, joins the mess with its NERF SUPER SOAKER, NERF REBELLE, PIE FACE and PLAY-DOH brands.
- Get soaked from water shot by NERF SUPER SOAKER blasters at the SeriousFun Run;
- Take aim with NERF REBELLE at the paint archery station;
- Make a mess while taking part in some sweet competition at the PIE FACE tournament, where attendees get surprised with splats of whipped cream in their face;
- Get artsy with PLAY-DOH crafts inspired by camp.
To attend the SnapChat-worthy SeriousFun Messtival and dash through the SeriousFun Run, participants can make a donation to SeriousFun — $35 for adults and $15 for kids — at www.SeriousFunMesstival.com, where a full list of registration options and pricing is available.
Celebrate SeriousFun Messtival at Home
#SeriousFunMesstival Messy Photo & Video Challenge: Fans of campy, messy fun will share their messy photos and videos on social media with #SeriousFunMesstival, challenging friends to share their own photos and donate to SeriousFun, and tagging @SeriousFunCamps on Twitter and Facebook, and @SeriousFun_Camps on Instagram.
All proceeds from SeriousFun Messtival support SeriousFun’s global network of camps, creating opportunities for families and children to reach beyond illness and discover joy, confidence and a new world of possibilities – always free of charge.
The 30 camps and programs in SeriousFun Children’s Network, always offered at no cost to children and their families, are made possible through the support of generous and caring donors and volunteers. Facilities and programming at SeriousFun camps are skillfully adapted to fit the medical conditions of campers, ensuring that all campers can participate in activities, such as soaring down a zipline, exploring ropes courses, and cultivating creativity with arts and crafts.
To splatter SeriousFun across the globe, messy-fun lovers can head to: